Moving to New York City
If you are moving to New York City, there are few tips that could make your moving experience much more enjoyable. You are probably filled with tons of questions and questionable expectations about NYC and that’s normal. Careerbuilder created a video about working and living in New York City that will hopefully answer some of your questions.
Moving to New York City in the near future and need a moving company? Here are some simple steps before making a decision on a long distance moving company in New York:
- • Get at least 3 in-home estimates
- • Ask for valid moving permit
- • Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) to make sure there were no recent complaints against the moving company.
- • Make sure they have valid insurance
- • Get written agreements with valid contact information for who will be handling your move
- • If you don’t understand something, ask questions.
- • Avoid giving a mover a large down payment
- • What is the U.S. DOT number? Each mover should be authorized to move.
- • Just in case the moving company backs out, have a plan B. You just never know!
New York City is filled with endless opportunities and things to dive in to. Everything from career opportunities to events to keep you busy is part of what makes NYC a great place to live.
Video Credit: Careerbuilder.com