Moving Tip of The Week – Make Sure to Consider Your Home’s Security When You Move
The price to own a home (and even to rent) can be high. So it’s important that you protect your investment with a reliable security infrastructure. There are several things you can do, ranging all prices, to protect your new home. Not all are necessary, but it doesn’t hurt to consider all your options.
- Make sure every exterior door has a deadbolt lock and replace all the deadbolts that were installed by the previous owner.
- Consider a security system – both outdoor and indoor options are available.
- Make sure your windows are secure if they are located in a vulnerable area (e.g. a fire escape).
- A CCTV (closed circuit television) system can keep a close eye on your property at all times.
- Signs displaying your security can deter criminals from even approaching your property.
- Make sure your door hinges are secured from being “popped out”.
- You can even consider getting a guard dog.
For a more detailed analysis on your security options, read here: http://www.123movers.com/moving-guides/home-security/