Moving Tip of The Week – Check for Deals and Discounts When Furnishing Your Home
So you’ve just moved. Congratulations! But your work isn’t complete just yet. There’s a good chance that you need to buy some (or a lot) of new furniture for your new home. The idea of spending a lot on furniture after you just spent a good amount on the move (plus the price of your home if you bought it) might drive you a little bonkers. But don’t fret, there are deals out there just dying to be found. Here are the things to start considering:
What type of furniture will you need?
- First consider if this a short term or long term residence. For a long term home, you might consider spending a little more at the outset as well as purchasing more pieces. If you plan on moving again in a year, you don’t want to have to worry about moving and keeping safe even more furniture.
- Think about the type of furniture you absolutely need to stay comfortable.
- Think about some of the furnishings you’ve seen in other homes that you might like to adopt to your taste.
Answering these questions will help you determine what type of furniture you might need.
In terms of discounts, here are some tips on how to save:
- Check out consignment and thrift shops as well as wholesale furniture stores for some great deals.
- Check out big furniture stores for their “damaged” furniture section. Often the damage is minor but knocks a nice chunk off the price tag.
- Buying cheap but using paint, lighting, and other tricks to spruce up your living space.
For more home furnishing tips, read our full article: http://www.123movers.com/moving-guides/furnishing-your-new-home-without-going-broke/